Monday, August 4, 2008

Patience is Rewarded

"Delay" and "patience" are two words you get familiar with if you are in the adoption process. Our court date was originally scheduled for Monday. But, well....

The Ministry of Women's Affairs in Ethiopia apparently didn't get some necessary paperwork done in time to present to the court. What we were told was that they were doing an internal audit of all adoption agencies in the country. And while they like Holt (our agency) a lot... the paperwork wasn't done, and that was that. Just wait and see.

And then today... a new email message. (Have you noticed my fondness for elipses? They're so... dramatic.) "Congratulations! We received word today that all your cases were heard and approved by the Ethiopian courts." The "all your cases" refers to us and the other families who will be in our travel group- 5 total.

Hooray! And we get to leave in only 3 weeks! Yes, that's right- 3 weeks. Or slightly less! We need to arrive August 28th. So we probably need to leave something like the 26th, I'm guessing. We need to stay until at least Sept. 4th. The visa's for the kids will be issued Sept 4th mid-day. Cutting it close? Yes! That's why changeable tickets are recommended. Yikes!

In the meantime, continue to think good thoughts for us. And knit us some booties. Or something. Isn't that what you're all out there doing? I thought so. =)

-Jen

3 comments:

dgorney said...

Jen~Congrats again. I know it must be so hard to wait and then wait some more...but i am sure it will all be worth it! Enjoy the next couple of weeks of peace and quiet, lol. So excited for you guys and I'll keep you in my thoughts. Have a safe trip.
Danielle

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys. I didn't expect you to be able to leave in August. That's great. I love the blog. Great idea.
Love, Kristeen

Sinead said...

Wow!, Great news! I'm so excited for you two. I'll be looking at dates for the shower; we'll try for sometime after you get home from Ethiopia. Take care.

Love you,
Sinead

p.s. Love the Blog!